View Single Post
Old 09-20-16, 07:54 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
I own a Polar V650. Here is what you need to do for Windows.
  1. Make sure your Polar is connected to the PC and powered on.
  2. Start the FlowSync application.
  3. Point to Start --> Run, type compmgmt.msc and press Enter. This will bring up the Computer Management console.
  4. In the left pane of the Computer Management console expand down into Computer Management (Local) --> System Tools and click Device Manager. The Device Manager interface will appear in the right hand pane.
  5. In the right hand Device Manager pane expand down into Network Adapters. Several network adapters will appear including a Remote NDIS Based Internet Sharing Device. This is the Polar V650.
  6. Right click Remote NDIS Based Internet Sharing Device and click Remove from the pop-up menu. Confirm that you want to remove the device.
  7. Right click the computer name at the top of the right hand Device Manager pane and choose Scan for Hardware Changes. Device Manager will rediscover the Polar as a new Remote NDIS Based Internet Sharing Device and after a short time it will appear in the FlowSync app and start synchronizing.
I have to do this every time but it works every time. I'm not convinced it is a Polar problem but suspect it is a Windows problem. Would love to know for sure.

I created a shortcut to the Computer Managment console on my desktop but sometimes it is just easier to sync with the flow app on my phone and then the phone uploads via Wifi at home.

FlowSync doesn't like a Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (VPN Adapter) so if you use a Cisco VPN then disconnect that first.

The people on Polar Forums are a pretty good resource. https://forum.polar.fi/index.php

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 09-20-16 at 08:54 PM.