View Single Post
Old 08-04-17, 11:15 AM
Masque

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, 2011 and 2017

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I appreciate your efforts, but you sound very much like most of the people I've talked to about bike fit. And, like them, you contradict yourself.

You told me I was too stretched out, and that was why my bars were rotated back. But now you tell me my stem is too short, so I must be bunched up. This is contradictory.

You tell me that I need more saddle to bar drop, but that I also should be on a 58. The 58 has substantially higher stack height; if you want me to set my bars even as low as they are now, the 56 is necessary. This is contradictory.

You tell me I have too much pressure on my hands; at what point will I notice this? Admittedly, I have not had rides on this bike much longer than 70 miles yet. Will I notice it at 80? And 100? I certainly have no problem with it so far.

Lastly, perhaps it would put your mind at ease to know that, aside from the angle of the bars mentioned earlier, I have had two professional fitters confirm this fit. I hope it won't offend you if I take their in-person advice over yours.

That said, if you are able to accurately fit a bike based on someone's height and a photo of their bike, I congratulate you on your unique talent, as you will make a fortune online doing this.

Enjoy your ride.