Old 01-25-19, 11:11 PM
youcoming

Bikes: ParleeZ5/Parlee Chebacco/Trek Farley/Cannondale Slice/Burley Tandem

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Goodbye Sugar

I haven't been on here in awhile on a consistent basis and have decided to come back and play. Like many on here my weight has been all over the map for most of my adult life and as I'm getting closer to the big 50 I have decided that really enough is enough. I've done many diets over the years and have lost hundreds of pounds and gained hundreds of pounds. The last diet I did was Keto and IF, I lost a lot of weight starting at 250 and getting so close to non Clyde at 201, this was just last year. Well I just couldn't keep it up, I was dying on the bike with anything over an hour of hard riding and I was really not liking all the restrictions. So a few weeks before Xmas I went and seen my doctor to ask for some honest input and he said the most basic thing you can do to loose weight is cut out sugar, not fruit but sugar. Ok I say what are we talking about. So basically no foods that are heavily processed, no juice, no sugar "obviously", no honey, maple syrup, and any other sweetener. Also no white rice, pasta or bread or booze. You can have bread but has to be whole grain and of coarse no sugar in ingredients. He also advised to use and calorie tracker app. I'm using MyFitnessPal. So on January 1st my new lifestyle begun, first day was nothing, second day, easy. Third day, whoa what a minute what's wrong with me felt light headed and in a fog kinda like I was lost in my own body! Fourth day I got a headache and I won't lie it lasted for four days! I have had some craving and actually just last night dreamt I was at an all you can eat dessert buffet...lol. So to be honest I'm actually not struggling at all now since the headache has gone other than I would like a Rum and Coke. Here is what I can say so far on any weight loss. I have lost 19.2 pounds from 248 to 228.8 but more importantly is I feel amazing, like better than I have in years actually I don't remember every feeling this good. Not just healthy and energy but in my head good. He advised me to do 30 day cycles as in 30 days no sugar then do 2 days where have whatever you want just don't go crazy. Next Friday we are have a dinner party with dinner being an old fashioned fish fry which in my parts includes batter and beer along with home fries and sourdough bread.I'm almost not looking forward to it. I have also signed up for a few races this year on my gravel bike and I don't like coming last and a Time Trial bike is being considered. I wil be on this post at least once a week to update and will visit forum daily. It's such a great place for us Clydes to help each other out.
Likes For youcoming: