Old 02-07-19, 03:11 PM
superdex
staring at the mountains

Bikes: Obed GVR, Fairdale Goodship, Salsa Timberjack 29

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 197 Times in 112 Posts
Also no white rice, pasta or bread or booze.
That, alone, will do it. Congrats on your renewed journey!

I'm a clyde-emeritus --back in The Day I was 240 at my heaviest. Now I drift towards 190 during winter, usually settling back to lower 180s as the weather permits more riding. For me, it was also being very aware of sugar, and my mantra has been "nothing white" for years now. Breads, pasta (though I love pasta, I just have to keep it to one portion instead of three), white rice, mayo, etc. I also cut cheese out a few years ago.

Sadly, beer still happens, and more so in the last year as I weaned off of a solid bourbon streak. I just have to be aware of the intake and adjust other carbs accordingly.

Again, congrats and yes, biking is SO much more enjoyable as the weight comes off!

A note on riding during IF -- don't go hard. Riding while IF is a good fat burner and trains your body, but you can't go hard. A 2hr z2/lower z3 ride while IF a couple times a week rocks for weight loss and training fat burning. If you get into upper z3/z4, you're effectively running on fumes, that's a no-no. As you add carbs back into days when you ride longer/harder, those IF days pay off.