Old 07-21-20, 12:46 PM
hybridbkrdr
we be rollin'

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 24 Posts
By the way, I don't think most people "do sidewalks" on a bike. lol
The 720 is a well-known touring bike and after almost completing my Nashbar touring bike build, I realized I have toe-overlap. It's not the end of the work but had contemplated buying the 720 frameset made for V-brakes. I've tried a bike with mechanical disc brakes and had the almost exact experience going down a hill as when I use V-brakes. So I wasn't totally impressed. That and the fact that it seems more complicated to mount a rear rack and fenders at the same time with disc brakes. Anyway, maybe in several weeks after more experience with that bike, I might make a thread about it. I have lots to say.

In any case, if you want to go with larger tires, some 650b bikes like the Norco Indie 2 are interesting. Some hybrids just won't allow for larger tires (especially with fenders). The Specialized Roll have V-brakes and 2.3" tires but it's a cruiser. I was thinking of buying one and "converting" it to make it more like a hybrid. (I think I've seen a black hybrid cruiser on one site with 2.8" tires, 8 speed Nexus gearing and disc brakes but I can't find it right now.)