Old 07-23-20, 01:03 PM
hybridbkrdr
we be rollin'

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by phogi
Well maybe that is true in the city in Montreal but in the Chicago Suburbs most do do sidewalks as riding in the road is for folks with a death wish. A kid was killed riding in the road just last week a few miles from my house. Here, you ride in the bike lane when it exists, on bike-only paths, sidewalks (where almost nobody walks), and when you have to ride in the road you pedal like hell and watch your back. Maybe I'd take the risk before I had kids but there's not much that would convince me to ride in the streets when there is a safer option. Sometimes I'll even ride in the grass next to the road, been buzzed by too many cars to feel safe when I've got a kid on my bike.

Thanks for the input on the bikes though! I'll check out the Norco, and keep an eye out for your review. I am curious though, what is toe-overlap? Is that when your toe can brush against the tire during a turn? I noticed that happened on a road bike a built some years ago.
Yeah toe overlap when you turn and pedal at the same time you touch your shoes on the fender or tire.