View Single Post
Old 09-07-20, 12:53 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by ryan_rides
Yeah I will be getting new tyres soon. Probably GP 5000 Idk. Wont run Latex tubes cause I dont want flats. I have kits and also I'm currently losing body weight. #keto I think my bike fit and position is pretty good. I feel comfortable on my bike and still aero. Always take good care of my bike. A power meter is something that I'm on the fence about. I've been using strava which just gives me avg speed and time and miles obv. I have been noticing that I think my right leg versus my left leg is stronger and I've been trying to actively be aware and try to put more power with my left leg. Over 7 years ago I fractured my patella on my left knee and over 3 years ago I broke my left foot. The difference in strength inst that much but I notice it. I have been riding more often and riding longer miles. I just know that having a lighter bike overall and having better components make riding a lot more enjoyable.
Every word @surak wrote is spot on. I'll cosign the notion that a power meter is a much better investment than a new groupset. I wouldn't generally recommend one to somebody who's new to road, but if you have sram money burning a hole in your pocket, a PM will definitely pay more dividends (if you put the work in). A used PowerTap is cheap. On that note, new wheels won't make you appreciably faster, but they can lighten your bike and most people consider that a better upgrade than a groupset when yours works.

GP 5ks are excellent tires. Depending what you have on the bike now, that can be a significant improvement in speed and ride quality.

It's probably better not to worry about a leg imbalance and focus on overall fitness instead. Especially when it's caused by an injury.

@RChung likes to point out that there are two ways to get faster on a bike: make more power, and need less power. Tires, position, and fitness are where it's at.
Likes For Seattle Forrest: