View Single Post
Old 08-28-18, 05:39 PM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
This is really impressive to most people. I'm a pretty good mechanic and think it would take me a lot longer.

What's in the glass bottle?

Actually, I think people just get caught up in the frenzy of an argument. I do, and sometimes I have to step back and ask myself what's really important.

It's a nice bike. R7000 parts perform really well, hydro disk, good tire clearance and the FSA adventure 46/30 cranks everyone was talking about. It is simple, reasonably light hydroformed alloy and reasonably cheap. I'm thinking this would be a great bike to race, beat the crud out of and if it broke, well, not a huge loss in terms of dollars.

-Tim-
Loctite Activator 7649, preps the bearing and shell surface curing the loctite, supposed to be used when two inactive metal surfaces are being joined to act as a catalyst. http://a.co/d/d1JGnou
Some say its necessary, others have had success with just the 609/641.
As to the second point, the captstone is a nice bike with a great spec sheet regardless of the BB standard. Wouldn't be surprise if the CAADX gets in upgrade to internal cables and a threaded BB either but to me its not a deal breaker either way. Going to TA front and rear is a bigger improvement just for consistency even though the rear doesn't need a TA by design