Old 10-17-17, 07:07 AM
downtube

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by jur
Based on what I saw in the various failure pictures, it seems to me this was a design problem not a manufacturing problem; if this is correct it therefore affects ALL Terns made before the weld design was changed and augmented, and the recall is a red herring. There will therefore very likely continue to come cases to light of frames that broke exactly as the others did and not be part of the recall.

If Tern had any business sense, they would speedily replace this guy's two frames with the improved versions, no questions asked, and pay for his expenses, and get a non disclosure agreement.
I don't think this customer wants another folding bike...especially from Tern.

What about the hundreds if not thousands riding these bikes that have not been recalled that have the same problem???

FYI I went to Tern's forum yesterday and I was officially kicked out However it seems that they changed the forum to hide the tern frame failure thread. Is that true? Anyone have access to the forums? I have a backup copy at home, but I'm away teaching until December and won't have access until then.

I just noticed they changed their recall page. Take a look at https://www.ternbicycles.com/2014-li...luntary-recall . It all looks fishy to me....the recalled bikes have a serial number why not share the recalled serial numbers. Why require all this stuff. Something is not ok.

It's a good thing they sued me over the summer. They provided an address and partial corporate structure in the complaint. Hopefully this helps future victims.

Thanks,
Yan
Semi-active chess player ( two time Bahamas National Champion )
Sivananda ( Bahamas ) Trained Yoga instructor ( 2013 ) and ThetaHealer since 2013
Bicycle delivery worker for Jimmy John's. Delivering is the best workout I have ever had.