View Single Post
Old 04-16-19, 12:02 AM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Bikes: Why list them on a non-cycling website!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 55 Posts
Lygie

Originally Posted by momoman
Welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing your photo journals! I'm not familiar with all the bike names you mentioned, but the 2nd bike I owned was a 1973 Lygie Pro with Campagnolo Nuovo Record parts, Universal sidepull brakes and 27" wheels.. I don't have the frame for the bike anymore but kept all the parts. I'm planning on finding a 70's frameset and building it up with my Lygie parts, including the 27" wheels (Campy high flange with Weinmann cllincher rims) from that bike. I haven't come across a frame that I like for the 27" wheels yet.
Thank you for the welcome! The Lygie is from around the late 50's. I'm still gathering parts for it since I'm trying to keep traditional, hard to find those 50's parts in good shape. It's an odd frame in that they company spelled their own name wrong on the DT decal (reads: LIGIE, vice LYGIE). I've never seen it spelled like that, it has the "LYGIE" spelling on the headbadge, and I've seen the exact frame color and all with the "proper" decal. I'll start a thread in C&V when I get to that. Presently, starting work on a "Viciini", could be a mystery frame due to repaint, but we'll see!
Take care,