View Single Post
Old 12-21-20, 12:08 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4445 Post(s)
Liked 4,102 Times in 2,738 Posts
Originally Posted by NewbieBuilder
The size of old tire is 28-622 (700x28c -28x1 5/8 x 1 1/8)Kenda West

Think this is what threw me off a bit. When I was measuring and comparing to the old tube it seemed to have an excess of about 2-3 inches which seemed strange. I revisited it last night and with a little elbow grease I managed to get everything fit onto the wheel and inflated (It's looking really nice with the 2" presta valve stem sticking out ) . I haven't been able to test as yet because I am still missing my shifters.

For anyone interested here are the parts am using for this project
  • Rockbros clipless pedals
  • Campagnolo Veloce medium cage rear derailleur
  • Campagnolo Veloce 10 speed chain
  • Campagnolo Chorus front derailleur (couldn't find the veloce to match at the time)
  • Campagnolo veloce 10 speed cassette (13-29)
  • Campagnolo 10 speed crank set (53/39)
  • Campagnolo Powershift Ergopowers Veloce 10 Spd Shifters (ordered but hasn't arrived as yet )
  • And a pair of front and back campy rim breaks (the mounting 'stems' are a bit to short for my mounting points but they came with recessed nuts and I read that I can drill the frame a bit the make the hole wider so nut can fit)
  • Keeping the frame, seat and handle bars from my Merax 21 Speed 700C Aluminum Road Bike Racing Bicycle (Red 54CM) (bought 5 years ago)
Why go with knockoff pedals from a company with a knockoff name too? You have such a fine build here and then cheap out on pedals. Plenty of excellent pedals out there from known quantities that are real companies, Look, Shimano, Crank Brothers (whom they took the name from), Ritchey, iSSi, Speedplay, Time...and plenty of others (I mostly listed those who do clipless stuff)