View Single Post
Old 05-18-19, 05:56 AM
ChiroVette

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
I won't sign up for it again either. It is way too expensive. I've got better things to spend my money on.
Way too expensive, way too crowded, sometimes like riding in a sardine can, and way too many novice "weekend warrior" cyclists who ride unpredictable and can be dangerous. I can't tell you how many times inattentive, inexperienced riders would do stupid crap in front of me that could cause an accident. I don't mind paying for an organized ride, but the price of this one is completely ridiculous. I don't need their gratuitous shwag to ride 45 miles here in NY City. For me, the only way this ride is even serviceable is if I don't start at battery park with the crowds, but instead, join it a mile or so uptown. Last time I did this ride, I rode into the city over the Brooklyn Bridge, and snuck in around a divider near the Manhattan Bridge. Was a nice ride, actually, because I live in South Brooklyn, near Kings Plaza, so with the 10-12 miles to and from the ride, it ended up being around 65 miles.

Then again, back then you didn't have to pay! lol You just rode and as long as I didn't cause any trouble, nobody bothered you. These days, I'm pretty sure they boot you off if you don't have the stickers and apron.

Last edited by ChiroVette; 05-18-19 at 05:59 AM.