Old 05-24-20, 11:55 AM
dvai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Help with new Trek bike

Hi guys.

I need help/advice. I bought a TREK Domane SLR9 with a SRAM etap red set and disc brakes. Is a project one and basically has top of the line components. Paid 14,000.
I was quite excited when I picked it up, but then the problems started.

The day after I picked it up, I realized there was hydraulic fluid leaking from both lever (the upper part of the lever). The right side was worse than the left.
Went back to the store, they told me they bled the fluid and might have been an issue with installation. I then took the bike again as the gears were rubbing. They adjusted the derrailleurs and now all good except when cross-chaining (small sprocket with largest sprocket). I though this was expected (right?) even though I also though these electronic sets would trim accordingly.

Anyways. Out for a ride.... After 4 miles, the front brake started making a noise and vibrate after medium or hard breaking. The rear brake would do the same, but much milder.

Again to the store.....

They just emailed me saying "Part of the issue with the noise was just stopping power from the brakes. You were getting a bit of stick / slip going on on the front with some vibration from the fork ( which is normal. You need that fork so absorb energy and flex a bit. I resurfaced the rotors and changed to a harder more powerful pad compound. It has more bite. There is still a little bit of noise in the front end under hard braking but that can be expected. These pads will make a little more noise from cold. So the first few stops there will be a little more noise. However they have more power and stop better creating less slip and noise."

I find quite frustrating that a top of the line brake set will make the fork vibrate with the OEM pads. Something is not right.

I was planning in contacting SRAM and Trek on my own and see what they say. If it's normal, Im likely switching to Shimano and never, ever buy an SRAM set again. But this could be an installation issue or simply a defective drivetrain.

Help!!