Old 02-11-14, 07:35 AM
CommuteCommando

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBoiler
I live in Colorado

I do not smoke but I do like the odd beer.

From my observation if you are under 21 MJ is easier to get than beer.

The question supposes there will be a massive increase in users, I have not spoken to anybody who has started because it is legal. I have heard that the legal price is 3x the street price, the supposition is that the legal shops will eventually once the initial interest has died down only be interest to Tourists.

It is a non issue, nothing changed much. The only ones interested were the Feds and now even they have backed out.
When I was younger, smoking weed was a pretty social thing. You did it with friends. Considering that most of my friends did it, It's not surprising that I assumed "everyone did it". This is why it surprised me when the Reagan years rolled around that so many of my contemporaries turned hard to the right and got all on beard with the "War on Drugs".

I no longer smoke the stuff, and neither do most of the people I knew way back when who did. This should expose the myth that many subscribe to that it is addictive. The bottom line is that if they legalized it here in CA, myself, and some of my former stoner buddies may occasionally indulge. There will probably be an increase in others who never tried it who will, but I seriously doubt that pot use will skyrocket.