sherbornpeddler

Bikes: 3 speeds, mountain, road and recumbent

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by rholland1951
Took the old GT .....
That little bike is nimble with its Compass 1.75" tires. In another month or so it gets studded Nokians, and goes scampering over the ice.

rod
I am niether nimble or scampable but I did get out yesterday afternoon for a 37 mile wet leaf ride on the loop de loop through Dover, Dedham, Westwood, Medfield and back to Sherborn. A silver, two seat Mercedes pulled out right in front of me because the onboard optical sensor interpretation computer was calibrated for cars, not bright yellow-green clothed bicyclist. Going a high enough speed I swerved, passed then gestured at the driver he ought to recalibrate and he stopped. I decided we'd crossed paths enough and waved him on.

Autonomous and human piloted cars take note. I guess even bright helmet, windbreaker and blinkie can blend in with fall colors.

Recent posts by some of my favorite posters have told of a wrong way car, new bike lanes, spectacular seasonal scenery and even sweet 650 lumen lacrosse ball kindness and I trust an even brighter birthday. How nice it is to read and share all these observances and ride a bike.