View Single Post
Old 06-20-19, 02:39 PM
mccombs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder
This completely wild speculation my part without a shred of supporting evidence (i.e., rock solid fact on Bikeforums) but I would trace all of Garmin's continued software problems back to 2010 when the entire Garmin Connect team quit, rather than move to Kansas.

As someone who has lived in Kansas my entire life, I really don't blame the developers.
This could have contributed to the problem. Obviously they have developers now, and they may even be pretty decent overall. Developers in every company deliver bugs. They're human and it can't be avoided. Bugs at most companies are found during testing, and the significant ones get fixed and retested before release. Garmin seems to have the worst Test/QA department. Sometimes, it looks like the releases aren't even tested since the bugs are so big and so obvious.

I don't know how good the Garmin developers are, but its very clear that the Test/QA department needs a sharp kick. Actually, a kick wont do it. They need to bring in new Test/QA folks that know what their doing.