Old 07-23-19, 09:23 AM
CyclingFever
I got a fever.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by robertorolfo
I'm not an expert on the sport or on the scene, but your outlook on general human nature seems a bit naive. People don't need to be getting paid to dope. They are just as likely, if not more likely, to dope in order to get paid in the first place. Did you see that recent interview with Armstrong on NBC? He admitted that he would have done it all over again, because of the prospect of going back to Texas as a failed, no-name cyclist was just too much for him to bear. It was a fascinating and telling moment. How many of these guys are facing similar choices? How many are already in obscurity, and desperate for a way out?

And that's almost separate from the shallow people that simply don't mind cheating in order to win something. And there are tons of people out there like that, in all walks of life (students doping to do better on tests), and all the "everyone else is doing it," and "I have an issue, so this just makes it fair for me," just makes it easier for them to justify their choices.

Lastly, on TUE's, just look at some of the big names that had no issues getting them. Froome and his "asthma." Simone Biles and her ADD. The Williams sisters and whatever ailments they claim to have. Finding a crooked doctor is just as easy as finding a crooked athlete...
Look up Alberto Salazar and the Nike Oregon Project