Old 07-23-19, 10:57 AM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
You seem to assume that all 20-30 year olds are rational actors with the same morals you have. ...
I assume in professional sports you do what others do. That is how sports are done. Otherwise you are handicapped and should think real hard before getting into it as a job. I do not/did not ever want my kids as pros and assisted them in getting off that track.

But this is not a pro thread. It is not about cheating on tests, or Tue Night Worlds. The OP groups people. They are not pros.
There are assumptions I make I can make, all have exceptions:
-USAC Cat 1-5 racers are what the OP is asking about, those not also doing pro races.
-human characteristic are equally distributed across all age groups
-Ease of access to some PEDs varies by age group (and gender).
-Age maters for performance - you get better in cycling till about 30 (+/- 5 years), you get worse ( then not offset by training and substances)
-Winners do things those they beat don't do (in general, there are overlaps). This is typically training, but includes travel, equipment and what they put in their bodies.
-A 20-30 something doing the same things as the top 40+ something is a pro.

The top 20-30 somethings are not in this group, which the OP introduced, I didn't.
As such the facts of masters racers getting about 10X the sanctions as those is their 20 would be about what you expect with my assumptions and when you take out the most aggressive fastest riders.