View Single Post
Old 03-12-20, 04:30 PM
Retfor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
So, interesting point. But what is the use of the video. If there is a criminal charge brought against the driver, then, if admitted into evidence, the video may support the state's charges. It may also influence during the sentencing phase. Okay.

But aside from "justice" for the survivors, do you expect them to file a civil suit to obtain wrongful death damages? I don't. I wouldn't want my family to go through that. They'll be fine without attaching to other folks' resources. That was part of my point.

The net usefulness of any video may be...subject to speculation and debate.
If you wouldn't sue, then yeah, not much use, but you never know what you'd do until you're in the situation. If you don't have the evidence to prove you weren't at fault then you won't have the option.

I got hit by someone a couple months ago and fractured my elbow. He was completely at fault and due to his gross stupidity and negligence I'm likely to have some issues with my elbow and other parts the rest of my life. Hopefully not terrible issues, but only time will tell. You bet im suing...