View Single Post
Old 02-20-21, 07:54 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
Originally Posted by skookum
Really? I got quotes from West Jet and Air Canada for flying my bike from Calgary to Victoria and it was about $100 on each airline. The actual ticket was about $150. This was four years ago.
I never did go on the trip.

A buddy who flies on Air Canada a lot flew to Italy with his ultralight carbon road bike in a hard case. He was charged $60 on the way over and $200 on the way back.
It does vary a lot between airlines. Recently airlines have realized that they make a lot of extra money on baggage and things like bikes and sports equipment are a very lucrative opportunity.
From what I am hearing post pandemic airfares are going to be very expensive, and I expect baggage is going to be even more expensive.
yup, I'm pretty certain my memory is good for these. Last one was in 2019 air transat to France, returning from Switzerland. But transat is known for being resonable.

but as you say, who knows how prices will be for struggling airlines due to this pandemic, this has been one hell of a kick in the pants for the industry.