View Single Post
Old 05-02-20, 10:01 AM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,237 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
Funny, I was going to ask you about the weight, because I'm weight-obsessed. I'm surprised it weighs so little. For whatever it's worth, my method for weighing a bike is to leave the bolted-on things because they stay on but remove the strapped on things such as bags. So with that metric, you could lower the figure a bit if you want to compare with other bikes measured in the same way. But it won't change the reality.

Eventually, I'd like to see a picture of you on the bike to get an idea of the position it gives you. Will it be as upright as so many Dutch bikes or slightly leaning forward? I suspect the latter.
Here you go, I always think I look like a giant on my bikes but then again, I am 1.95m (almost 6'5").

What's your first impression of the fit?
I have a stem on order that adds another 3cm in the front and a seatpost that should bring me a bit further back.

Went into the city for a bicycle bell, nobody has Spurcycle bells around here anymore, but a brass Crane E-ne bell is a good substitute and a little bit friendlier for use around the city.
I'm really happy with the way the brakes work on this bike, I have had to use their maximum braking power a few times today when I rode through the city as people are a bit blind for their surroundings after staying inside so long.

There are some minor scuffs on the top tube in the clearcoat, I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions how to make those disappear? Just a good clean and a clear coat on top?