cemark

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Choosing a Niner RLT Steel

Hey,
I sold my Cannondale Synapse to buy a gravel bike and I have been struggling to decide whether to buy Merida Silex carbon or Niner RLT steel.
I sold my previous bike because I need something more upright/comfortable as I have bulged disc and it hurts my back and neck when i lean forward too much.
Problem is both of these bikes $600 above my budget and there are almost no second hand options around me. Brand new 3 star (Shimano 105) 2019 RLT steel is $2900 in where i live, I prefer buying second hand but could only find two second hand Niner RLT steel version.
Blue one has ultegra groupset and within my budget but there is a big smudge on the headtube and couple of chips on the frame. By looking at the pictures do you think that there is only cosmetic issues and it worths to buy it or should i just keep on looking? By the way seller asked $2100 for this one.
Orange one is still over my budget but i may persuade the seller for a discount. Its setback is a little bit of smudge on the headtube and mechanical disc brakes, Price is $3100.

By the way i dont know from which year both bikes are. Does it really matter whether they are from 2017 or 2015. Frameset wise there isnt any change besides tire clearance as i know.

Last edited by cemark; 07-11-20 at 04:01 AM.