sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet
Sara, when I'm doing all out intervals I have to focus on "all in and fast as I can go" and not "as hard as I can go" For me there is a big difference between the two thoughts. The same when I'm following watts on an interval, I just tell myself to ride better and not harder and then can squeeze a few more rpm's out of the effort. We all have different ques and keys to riding better and faster. Keeping the mental part in order I tell myself that sometimes you do have to throw away a workout but its a process and not a formula to get fast. Of course Cheetah blood does help if your looking for a magic foumula.

Healthpack, That's me in the 2nd image getting big air! For What's It Worth, the first image does strike a chord.
AJ, I'll have a quart of Cheetah Blood, please!

I do what you do, as you described it. It's a natural process. I just got done doing standing starts, all out, practicing for the 500 and 2K. I break the start down into segments. There's the breathe up, focus, and calm myself; countdown from five; stand at two and launch at zero; "stomp" the pedals to get the bike going; get over the gear; settle into an OTS rhythm while staying low on the track and on the bike; and then go to the saddle and stay on top of the gear. Yeah, there's that many!

Today's session went well. I need a few seconds, and I'm chipping away at them. It's a matter of concentration, form and efficiency. And practice!