View Single Post
Old 03-24-19, 08:03 PM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by Lava
That's what I ended up with too! It has 105 shifters though, so way to go lucking out with those Ultegras! The shop took their time to fit me to the bike, including shortening the stem for a better fit, and setting the tires up tubeless from the get-go. I was really happy with that service, and definitely sold on the value. Fenders and an eventual rack for commuting/light touring duty, and it seems like this bike will be able to do it all!

I'm not sure how I feel about the WTB Nanos at this point. I've never ridden bigger tires than 25mm, so don't have a good feel for what's normal. They don't feel like they're slowing me down much, but they do hum at higher speeds, and I'm wondering whether Gravelking slicks will be noticeably faster. The Fabric Saddle seems nice, but not revolutionary. A little uncomfortable without a chamois, but not the worst I've felt. New 105 components feel pristine and wonderful to shift, and I'm really happy with the braking power coming from 10-year-old rim brakes that are probably pretty worn out.
Looking good! I'm not gonna lie I'm already having buyer's remorse and I haven't even received it yet. I'm worried about its weight and how snappy it will feel. And I'm not a black bike or Shimano kind of guy. I'm a blue bike and Sram guy. wtf did I do lol.