Old 04-02-19, 08:40 AM
HarborBandS
HarborBandS

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Lava
It seems pretty smooth for me so far, but I've yet to take mine off-road. NYC streets give plenty of opportunity to feel the road, however, and as someone who has back/neck pain from an old injury, the Topstone has definitely helped the post-ride recovery. I have to spend some longer time in the saddle to get a better sense of how well it does on this front, though, so I'll report back when I do. John Watson from The Radavist had good things to say about the ride quality, and since they focus a lot on nice riding hand-built steel bikes, I take that as plenty positive.

Frankly, I think I could have benefited from an Isospeed or Futureshock system, but didn't want the headache that these proprietary components would have given me down the line. I really appreciate the Topstone's simplicity, and might look into a suspension seatpost if I feel like I need a little more compliance in the future.
The simplicity is appealing to me as well, though i don't think IsoSpeed will ever require any additional maintenance. I could be wrong about that... Something I need to clarify. FutureShock is a non-starter for me.

Frankly, if the Cannondale Synapse had greater tire clearance, I would snap one up.