Old 04-18-19, 02:39 PM
mattm
**** that

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
I've decided to quit my job. I've been incredibly unhappy for awhile, and my performance has suffered. I'm not getting along well with either of my managers, and that strained relationship isn't helping things. I'm putting in 10 hours a day and working weekends. I'm working through my vacations - which are incredibly rare because I have too much work to do. (I have more than two years worth of vacation accrued and I haven't even been here three full years.) I'm currently doing the work of 1.5 people, and just drowning.

I've been fighting to make it work for so long, but I've reached the point that I just can't do it anymore. I've been sending out resumes and have done three initial screening interviews of the last two weeks and have three more over the next week, so I think I'll be ok. Plus, I'll get paid out for my unused vacation, so that will carry me if I have small gap in employment.

I made the decision this morning, after spending half my day off yesterday working and the other half stressing about the work I was missing, then waking up this morning to find a late email from my director asking more questions.

My wife is very happy I am doing this.
Congrats, sounds like the right move!!

my race videos