View Single Post
Old 02-01-15, 11:09 AM
diver858

Bikes: Ritchey Breakaway; Motobecane Gran Premio COMP (steel 20 speed road bike); Genesis 20" Folding Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinigis
The dimensions of your bike are not out of the ordinary. Our bags will fit bikes up to 34 X 26 x 15, and we use metal connectors and have a padded shoulder strap. Standard Carry Bag
Bought 2 bags, believe the claim of fitting bikes 34 X 26 x 15 as a bit of a stretch, as the actual dimensions of the Origami bag are 28 X 20 X 10. As shown below, the Genesis BARELY fits IF the seatpost and pedals are removed. The front cable lengths prevent removal of the upper bar post, leaving the break levers, bar in what I consider to be a precarious position. It is possible to separate the bar by removing the upper clamp, making the packaging and unpacking process a bit more cumbersome - not something I would like to do in an airport. Plan is to travel with a Torque T handle http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XG5YJO, which should simplify such assembly.

Very much on the fence; going with a wider bag to allow the bars to fold between the wheels should offer more protection to the break levers, not sure if such an animal exists. Current bag technically meets airline size limit of 62" for checked bags (l + w + h), although I find it hard to believe that someone would try to measure this, fight over a few inches.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Origami-bag-end.jpg (95.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg
Origami-bag-top.jpg (95.3 KB, 54 views)