View Single Post
Old 02-14-15, 08:03 PM
Dan Burkhart 

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 658 Times in 371 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
Please be careful about a possible concussion, Dan. My 2 Jan crash had my head bounce just momentarily, apparently. After a bit I put together what had transpired when the gentleman that took me home called to check up on me and I asked some questions of him about where was standing and my memory returned, slowly. Never realized that the head hit until afterwards, I still do not recall getting up, walking off the road, or removing my shattered helmet. If you feel some headaches you ought to get this checked, even with the ER checkout. Best wishes and hope you return to the boards, later.

Bill
Thanks for the concern Bill. Three days on, everything seems OK with the nogin. I'm quite sure it didn't take a direct hit.

Originally Posted by JanMM
Does this mean you won't be able to ride with the national team?
Good luck on an uneventful recovery. If anything doesn't seem right, get it checked out.
I can't imagine any national team hard up enough to want me on it. The shoulder is still stiff and sore, but getting better every day.

Originally Posted by North Coast Joe
Holy Smokes! What a way to dash a dream of zipping along a track...reality check!

Maybe my velodrome dreams are fading a bit now. I've been wanting for a couple of years now, but we only have an outdoor venue in Cleveland.

I hope you're OK and still enthusiastic enough to go back for at least the second session! When things are more clear, let us know your best guess as to the cause.
Oh yeah, I'll be back at it for sure. gotta try to get the fitness level up a bit first I think. I can't use February as an excuse all year.

Originally Posted by KLiNCK
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you are feeling better soon and heal up quickly.
Here is a video that shows the new facility in Milton and how steep the track is. 45º! Yikes!

I saw that. It's a hoot. He did one at the Forest City track a while back.

Originally Posted by Slash5
I assume that happened at the end banking?
I was just looking at the scheduling a few days ago and see that all of their classes are sold out and no new one's scheduled. I'd like to give it a try myself, just for fun. Years ago I went a few times with the Brampton Cycling club to Montreal where we rented the Olympic velodrome for the afternoon on Sat and Sun.
The Milton Velodrome is going to have an open house on Monday for family day.
I was planning to go with some friends on Monday, and I still might, but I have quite a bit of work piled up, so we'll see.