Old 03-05-21, 09:31 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by Kapusta
The mental and logical gymnastics being performed in this thread to somehow try and equate a motorized bicycle with a non-motorized one is just hilarious.

It is also incredibly counterproductive for those trying to gain and maintain access for mountain bikes. It has been looking to me like there was a glimmer of hope to get mountain bikes allowed in certain wilderness areas. I think the E bike evangelists may put the nail in that coffin for good.

BTW the way, this thread is about mtb. Whatever peoples’ thoughts are about e bikes on the road or as commuters are not relevant here. This is strictly about trail riding and trail access. The issues are very different.
a. Enclosed below are two images of the same model of mountain bike. No mental gymnastics needed to equate the two. In fact, the challenge would be in finding major differences other than the e function.

b. I highly doubt a discussion on a forum is going to alter the course of access for mountain bikes. This is just an attempt to limit any discussion by an appeal to "think of the children".

c. Evangelists are usually defined as holding a belief system and attempting to impose that on all others. No one is trying to say everyone should ride an e-mtb here but some are sure trying to say they have no place in mountain biking. Who's the evangelist?

d. Other than a passing sentence about seeing mtbing as an area where e might make sense, there has been no discussion about e-bikes on the road or commuting. Again another attempt to deflect. This thread is about the impact of mtbs on wilderness areas and e-mtbs are a part of that discussion.