Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jarrowsm
Thanks for the detailed answer!

FWIW I am 6'1".

I was under the impression that the avenue and the trailways were essentially the same bike rebranded for target and walmart--I didn't consider that the avenue did not have the holes for the rear rack. I think it may come down to a test ride...man I wish Walmart would let me take theirs out of the aisle, but with that return policy maybe it's worth the risk. Again great answer...I be thinking things over!
It should fit you perfectly, ( Both Bikes ), I to thought that they were the same bike at one time, but the Trailways has better grips, holes for rack, different handle bar riser, ( which I love ), and different handle bars, more of a straight style, than the curve on the Avenue. Probably where the 39.00 dollars more comes from. A friend of mine is 6' 1" and has the Avenue, fits him perfect,
only complaint is the handle bar riser, he did a complete over haul on his before riding, right down to wheel bearings, he loves his, with some discounts from Target, I only paid with tax 199.00 dollars and change for the Trailways, I have owned bikes over
the 1000.00 dollar mark, but never had a better fitting bike, and thats made riding it much more fun! Richard : )