xoxoxoxoLive

Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
I am sorry to disagree..

Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver
There is a reason that paired spoke wheels have been abandoned by the bigger makers and replaced with conventional 32 spoke wheels or other light weight designs... and the wheels on the 199.00 bike are not Deep V rims as xoxo says but a deep section rim that is nowhere as tough as the Velocity rim that bears this name.

They are heavy (because they have to be) and I have lost track of how many of these I have retired and replaced for customers who were experiencing repeated failures... xoxox must have got lucky as these wheels just suck.

The Performance offering is many times better than the x-mart bike which is an okay bike if you don't include the cheap wheel set... a 199.00 bike might have some decent parts but nice wheels cost more money.

If you are getting into the $400.00 range for a bike start thinking about a bike that will last 10 or 20 years... your LBS probably has entry level hybrids from Trek / Giant / Specialized etc that come with a better warranty and you will also get to shop locally.

It is close out time and there are going to be some good deals to be found out there.
Please check out this link, http://www.stars-rim.com/english/product1.asp?id=26 these are the rims on the Schwinn Trailways ( 700c/622 ),
There made out of Alloy and are far from heavy, and super strong, I believe the deep ( V )
is no longer in question.
I had no reason to lie. Richard