WheresWaldo
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Various 3D printed parts

Just got a few parts in from the 3D printer. I built these up because I needed what these parts do in a reall weight weenie sense. Couldn't use the standard parts because either they don't make them or they are too big and bulky. So the first thing was a direct mount for the Sony HDR-AZ1 Mini Action Camera. The Sony is too small to have a tripod socket in the bottom of the camera so they made an adapter that inserts into a slot in the back and then uses an M4 thumbscrew to attach. This is built the same way and uses an M4 socket head cap screw and the standard GoPro style thumbscrew and acorn nut.

Here it is installed on the bike

Of course the whole point was to get my Contour cameras back into service to I created a direct mount adapter. It goes directly from T-Rail to GoPro and slides on the Contour camera just as their facotry mounts do.

Here is an image of the Contour mounted on the bicycle.

The last thing that shwed up yesterday was a clip to mount the Sony Live-View Remote onto a Garmin quarter-turn compatible mount. The Live-View Remote is necessary if you are going to do any multi-camera syncing and if you want to control your AZ1. Otherwise everything must be done via mobile phone and Sony's PlayMemories Mobile application. I wanted the screen off my wrist and mounted on the bike, but still have the ability to quickly remove it if I need to step away from my bicycle. Here is the result.

This image shows how it mounts onto the Garmin style mount.

Click on any of the images to be taken to a page where you can get one of these.