View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 08:01 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by willibrord
Excellent advice. However it doesn't go far enough. You need to eliminate all or nearly all carbs.
According to the Carbohydrate -Insulin hypothesis, eating carbs causes your insulin levels to increase sharply, this in turn causes fat to be removed from your bloodstream where it can be used as fuel and deposited in fat cells in your body. Then you become hungry again and eat more. It is a vicious circle.

You really need to get on to a keto diet, it is the only diet that works long term for fat loss and health maintenance. It can be difficult and many people stray from the path. Cut all carbs, consume protein and fat.

Lots of info online for the keto lifestyle, just google it.

OP-please ignore this. It's crap. Keto diet has a ridiculous level of failure, and you will inevitably be told by these people when it doesn't work for you that it's some fault in you that caused it to fail. This "many people stray from the path" is a perfect example. The keto diet "works" for a tiny minority of people who seem to become religiously devoted to it, but the notion that it is "the only diet that" blah blah blah is just a lie, and utterly unconnected to any scientific proof.

I've lost and kept off over 140 pounds by ignoring this type of advice. I keep my carbs low, but I don't eliminate them. There is no single path to weight loss and control, what works for you will probably not work for the next person you talk to and vice verse. At a very high level of abstraction, it is just calories in vs. calories out, but how to actually balance those is a very individual question as we all have different genetics, living situations, schedules, etc.
Likes For livedarklions: