View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 08:57 AM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I think you've got a lesson you can teach yourself--your love for badminton has caused you to be able to do more, and biking is great if you enjoy it. My theory is that anything is sustainable if you enjoy it and have time, but if you're making yourself miserable, you will burn out.
In my younger days, I used to be very dogmatic, and get into big arguments about which exercise/diet strategy was best. As I've gotten older (and, especially busier), I've realized that what you said is very true. What you enjoy, and what fits your lifestyle matters more than whether some exercise scientist has done a study proving that the activity is super-optimal for whatever adaptation you desire.

Consistency and sustainability are what matter the most. If you are doing something you hate, or something you don't have time for, you won't have either. The same applies for diet. You'll "cheat" a lot more if your diet is making you miserable. Find a strategy that you can live with taking into account what food you and your family like (having to cook multiple meals would suck), how much time you have to cook etc. and go from there.
Likes For OBoile: