Old 08-02-19, 09:50 AM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
My wife owns a car and parks it on the street. I have occasionally taken responsibility for keeping the car in a legal spot, and it's quite tricky.
They don't clean the streets in my neighborhood, so there are some spots with no restrictions at all. You could, conceivably, leave you car there indefinitely, so long as it is legal. I have a neighbor that is retired and has had his car parked in the same spot since 2014 (when I moved into the building, so it was probably there well before that).

Originally Posted by RubeRad
In this episode of the War On Cars podcast, they talk to a woman who owns a 1987 Cadillac DeVille in Greenwich Village, just because. She basically never drives it anywhere, but actually enjoys that the ritual of moving the car weekly because of parking/street cleaning/etc, she is forced to take an hour to just sit in the comfortable car, and read a book, or draw, or just fart around on her phone.
I have no problem with some idle, old-school New Yorkers just doing their thing. The problem is the idle, super-wealthy transplants that come to the city from every corner of the country and the world to just be rich and contribute absolutely nothing. They are literally a waste of space.