Old 06-29-20, 09:25 AM
mikecart1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I wouldn't recommend used unless you really know what you are doing, or have someone help you. Another thing to consider is some makers only warranty their frames to the original owner.
I bought my most recent road bike used and spent money changing things (gearing, saddle, post, bars) to get it the way I wanted it.
I know some people have good luck buying used but I am not a fan.
Sort of agree. I just browsed Craigslist and lots of bikes aren't even the size I need. And I don't even know what it means to be fitted. That is something REI does for free. I didn't know bikes came in all these sizes until a few days ago and I started riding bikes in the 1980s haha! I assumed if it didn't fit, I just wouldn't sit. Anyways, yeah I can only imagine that used equals either getting a good deal and then spending $500+ on fixing things or getting a bad deal but the bike is in pretty good shape. Not many people are selling used for a loss. I can already see that when or if I get an REI new, I will have to change the seat (looks like the most uncomfortable design ever), add something for water bottle, and maybe add a light so I have a chance of not getting hit. I will also have to get a helmet since wearing my motorcycle helmet might be frowned upon hah!