Old 04-09-20, 03:56 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18397 Post(s)
Liked 15,492 Times in 7,316 Posts
[QUOTE=base2;21408490]At no time did I exempt cyclists from the list of bad behaviours.

Why are you adding the word "riding" to the concept of dogs & long leashes?...My gawd that would be awkward. It's a thing I've never seen. Does that happen?

Seems like you are reading your own meaning into the text by way of adding extra words I didn't write.

Cyclists really ride 3 & 4 abreast and on the wrong side of the path where you ride? Now that would be worthy of mention. It doesn't happen often enough here to warrant adding to the list IME, so, you're right. I didn't include that to my list of gripes. I would, though, if I experienced it more than that one single time on a gravel ride double track.

But, since you seem super critical here that I'm somehow nose blind to the stink of cyclists bad behaviour:
Yes, as has been mentioned above by other posters, (and I've spent the bulk of my posts thus far pleading against such terrible, dangerous behaviour) : cyclists that do 20-25 mph to and through everything & everyone no matter the situation is a very specific gripe with MUP's that I have.

I even said in post 31:
Originally Posted by base2
The thing is to relax, back off, chill, coast, when things get tight. 20-25mph (32-40kph) as a steady cruising speed is pretty reasonable, but that is not a lot of time to brake for crossings, side traffic, & definitely too fast for crowded or busy conditions. You can slow your speed to plan less congested passing with oncoming traffic. It's ok. The path will be there tomorrow. I think we would all be served to be attentive to conditions and err on the side of caution. [/QUOTE]

What else could: "relax, backoff, chill, coast when things get tight," and "that doesn't leave a lot of time to brake for..." and "slow your speed to plan less congested..." and "It's ok. The path will be there tomorrow" mean when speaking to the faster end of the audience?

It seems to me an awful lot like I directed those words to cyclists. But, you tell me what you think those words mean. I wanna type English more gooder.

I even listed a bunch of situations where discretion, good judgement, & slow speeds avoided catastrophy as supporting & amplifying information to that end.

---‐------------------------
As a (maybe humorous) side story...As if I needed further supporting information for my position & seriousness with which I am against entitlement, bad civics & bad manners in all it's forms: I once even went as far as to chase down one such Racer Boy X on my tricycle with my frickin' 40 pound (20 kilo) dog in the basket just to admonish his stupid "barge-through-everyone/everything, entitled, self-centered" behaviour. When he looked over from his aero bars to see a very angry me on an undergeared tricycle with a dog keeping a his 20 mph pace, the look of shock on his face was so worth the effort to catch his dum bass.
(I'd like to think it made a difference in some small way. But, I'm pretty sure I was just "That psycho guy on a trike.)

I thought I made it abundantly clear that I have all of the bad behavior you hung on pedestrians only, including people riding with dogs on leashes and groups spread out over the entire trail.

And the combination of your thread title and OP suggests you don’t have a beef with bad cycling behavior.