View Single Post
Old 08-16-23, 08:41 PM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked 1,403 Times in 713 Posts
my wife and i split most of the kid duties during the week - i make them breakfast and make sure they get to school / take them to school. so morning rides are out. i read the bedtime stories, which happens around 7pm. what i do between drop-off and story time depends on work obligations and opportunities - but if i have a 1-2.5 hour gap in my day on a weekday without meetings or things i need to finish ASAP, i'll take a ride from the office. i look at my calendar in the AM and decide if i'll ride my commuter or road bike to work based on how i'm feeling and the odds of a ride.

i typically find time for 2-3 15-30 hour rides during the week.

on saturdays, i try and get the kids out of the house early and we have some sort of adventure, giving my wife time to relax, do whatever she wants to do, projects at home or tidy up etc. sunday i try and get up and out earlyish for a ride, 3-6 hours. we spend the late afternoons/evenings all together on the weekends.

it's a good balance, with a lot of consistency enabled by our mild, dry weather and lots of good riding routes that start from home of work.