View Single Post
Old 07-27-19, 07:14 PM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 818 Times in 421 Posts
I've been able to attend at least two stages of all the Amgen Tour of California races. It's TRUE that the finish line area is almost always packed, but I've ridden out to to remote areas and it always amazes me how many people actually do show up even out there. My favorite day was the stage into Santa Clarita, where, I rode out, watched the race pass by, and, on the way back, picked up 9 souvenir discarded pro water bottles. By taking a shortcut, I was able to make it to the finish line sprint too. Here's a few random pictures, though I don't usually concentrate on crowd shots, but rather the bright shiny objects flying by. I do prefer multi lap finishes, and can usually find one on the Amgen. They provide more photo ops. When you can't get there, watch TV, when they are available get on out there.

Nobody goes to bike races ... it's too crowded.

I was even able to meet up with a distant relative of mine at Long Beach last year.
I know, I spelled his name wrong. I said he was a distant realtive ... thru marriage.

Last edited by Slightspeed; 07-27-19 at 08:11 PM.
Likes For Slightspeed: