View Single Post
Old 07-28-19, 04:23 PM
radroad

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Sports spectating is decreasing generally. The NFL has been in a ratings decline for years, same with MLB and NASCAR. The only things I believe are up is the NBA and MMA. Even the WWE is in trouble, which is unabashedly about identification and story lines, and not about real competition.

Getting people to watch a single thing for hours at a time is increasingly difficult. I don't particularly think sports spectating is an important activity, but if you're hoping for more of it, you're going to be disappointed.
I doubt audience size is actually down very much in any of the major sports. Streaming and internet viewing account for any supposed "decline" and then some. If anything, sports viewership is almost certainly increasing but the antiquated Nielsen survey can't account for it. On top of that, the international market is enormous and growing.

I just find it funny that these dumbasses can't even live off of $100 to $300 million in career earnings. Almost all of them go broke within 5 years lol.