Old 10-11-16, 01:25 PM
mongol777

Bikes: are all mine

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Wspsux
I wish they kept the original paint job on it. I dont think the new paint fits the personality of the bike. I almost pulled the trigger on the Canti- Horse about a year ago but went with my Salsa Vaya instead. I'm kinda between sizes on the space horse so I think I'll keep my salsa at this point. I really love it.

At this point I think the Disc Horse is too late to the party. QBP offers the Surly Straggler at a better price (presumably) and the more robust Vaya for slightly more. I wish they had tweaked the trail on this bike and made it exclusively 650, something closer to the Soma Grand Rando. However I love All City and my Big Block has given me nothing but smiles.
As much as I love my AWOL I was still looking at Space Horse. I gave my blue/white canti to my wife and she won't give it back. No big deal as 52 wasn't really fitting me and I need 55. So I started looking for NOS blue/white frameset in 55cm and no dice. So I figured, OK, I will go with silver or green. Went to see them in person and they do nothing for me. However shop had new SH disc framesets in stock and I think I come to terms with the new colors. It looks pretty nice in real life, pictures don't do it any justice
Only thing stopping me at the moment - old SH had same fork offset across all sizes. New disc version has old offset of 52mm on size 52 but 55cm and up all have 47mm fork offset. I don't know what to make of it as it is only significant difference (also slightly different stack and reach but very minor difference).

Thoughts? Will 47 vs 52 offset make a noticeable difference?