View Single Post
Old 02-25-18, 02:51 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Well amazingly I woke up this am and wasn’t sore at all. Wow, maybe my compression pants really do work...

Stretched for 30 min anyway, we weren’t riding until a little later (8:30) today on account of the cold, so I had the time.

Then I went out with a friend and did a 7-8 mile mtb climb, rode to the start from home so the whole thing was 22 miles/3000ish ft. It was just one of those great days on a bike. Cold and windy but sunny, so it felt kind of good. My friend was tired from a climbing ride he did yesterday, so we just took it easy. I was in HR zone 2/3 pretty much the entire time, felt sparky and could have pushed harder but it was nice not to push. Perfect leisurely Sunday ride.

We went up a fire road called The Beast, at the top is a fire camp called Camp 9. You can get there on a road ride too, so it was Cyclist Central up there when we arrived. Saw some friends, chit chatted for awhile and then coasted back home.

Part way up, the view was beautiful:

New mountain bike helmet, a Kask Rex. Wow it really fits well, I love it.