View Single Post
Old 10-11-19, 09:01 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18430 Post(s)
Liked 15,585 Times in 7,339 Posts
Originally Posted by velopig
I find it odd that Ti riders need to denigrate other materials especially carbon to justify the purchase.
I don't need to denigrate other materials to justify my ti purchase, and I don't do so. I have non-standard body geometry, so custom works better for me. I wanted a new custom frame designed by someone who is well-versed in fitting people. (My previous custom IF steel frame was fit by someone who was not so good at that.) I am also somewhat neglectful with bikes, so I wanted something that will not rust. Just so happens that someone local fit the bill. And as for price, it really wasn't that expensive. IIRC, frame was $3,500 + a couple hundred for the coloring. It was a present to myself for paying off my mortgage in only 11 years.

I have never ridden a carbon bike, so I am not qualified to comment on the material. I'd like try one though. I am curious to see how one feels. But I am not a bike collector/amasser. I have one road bike and one steel touring bike for self-contained touring and commuting/around town transportation. As such. I am not going to add one to my lineup when I don't need another bike.