Old 06-04-10, 08:32 PM
BossCat
Trailer Nut

Bikes: Viking Urban Trail. Schwinn Spoiler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Here's an update to my electric push trailer project.

After a few teething problems I managed to get it up and running. Here are a few pictures for you to drool over

First up I soon realised that a cantlevered wheel trailer just wasnt going to cut it, so I had to make up a frame that supported the wheels on both sides...

Cantilevered Flatbed.

Framed Flatbed.

Once the initial tests were done (dirt track tests, aiming for ever pothole I could find) and I was happy that the thing was going to hold together I began work on a plywood box.

Box under construction.

I then had a few problems with a new 36V 800Watt controller that i'd bought, so I had to do some more testing in my workshop. ......Workshop indeed! Its my kitchen

Controller Testing.

More tests outside.... Its alive. Damn that wheel cant half spin, fast enough to cut diamonds

Its starting to take shape, I went for another few test runs and found that I have a bad battery. one of the three 12V batteries I use is draining way to fast, I'll have to replace it. I carried on testing with 2 batteries after swapping out the 36V controller for a 24V one, which gives me a speed of around 12 to 15mph.

Next up I made some mudguards/fenders for the trailer out of an old plastic shop sign. I have since took them off as I have to make some brackets to hold them on at a more sloping angle.

Mudguards/Fenders.

To be continued....