Old 07-04-11, 11:03 AM
Six jours

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital_Cowboy
My question is that if this is such a "dangerous" and "twisting and narrow road" than why does it have such a fast speed limit that traveling at 30 - 40MPH is considered to be "slow?" That road looks like one that I think that most any cyclist would take the lane on for their safety.
It's California. We generally don't put up with low speed limits. It's also an internationally famous road for sports car and motorcycle enthusiasts. A certain amount of "over-the-limit" speed is tolerated, although the place is heavily patrolled on the weekends and really high speeds are frowned upon. And you'd be utterly insane to take the lane on the way up. I've never actually seen it. Once you're there, you instantly understand how foolish it would be. Or at least rational people do...

Originally Posted by Digital_Cowboy
It does seem to be that he is one of those cyclists/motorists that seems to think that the only place for cyclists to be on the road is cowering in the gutter pan/hugging the curb. And that as soon as we hear the sound of an engine behind us that we'd better vacate the road as quickly as possible. Otherwise it'll be our "fault" if we get passed too closely or run off of the road.
Ah yes, the binary world in action. If you're not a "take the lane in every situation" madman, then you must be a curb-hugging coward.