Old 07-04-11, 12:58 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Six jours
Yes, I am. And I don't consider any one road user more important than another. I expect cooperation, rather than the "Cyclists can do anything they want and everyone else is secondary" attitude displayed by the typical A&Ser.
Gee, that's funny by your comment:

"Beyond that, you can pretty much count on the fact that a couple of Lycra-clad prettyboys riding Angeles Crest on a weekend are out for recreation."

It sure sounds as if you're saying that because they're out for a "recreational ride" that they don't have as much right to the road as someone who is also just as likely to be out for a recreational ride in their car. As you know that most people who are inclined to go out for recreational rides in their cars are more likely to do so on the weekend, right?

Originally Posted by Six jours
I don't notice that in the real world. It's only on this thread.
What "real world" are you living in? I've talked with a number of friends who also ride and we all have our "fair share" of horror stories of our dealings with reckless/clueless motorists who have endangered our lives just because they were in a hurry and perceived us as "being in their way."