Old 07-04-11, 01:33 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Six jours
So the experience of countless cyclists, including me, who have ridden this road without problem is less valid than the opinion of some guy who's never actually been there, but looked at a satellite photo?
Unless I'm mistaken, we only have your word for how these "countless other" cyclists feel about this road.

This is a bad road for "taking the lane". There are too many situations where a driver could come around a blind corner and see a cyclist too late for him to stop. (Doubtless this will be considered the driver's fault here on A&S, but out in the real world, the cyclist is still dead and the driver won't be cited.)
Again, I have to ask, if this is such a "bad" road, than why is it that a speed of 30 - 40 MPH is considered to be going "slow?"

Have you been taking "reading between the lines" lessons from Digital Cowboy?

On this particular road, it can be quite dangerous to move into the oncoming lane, and safe opportunities are sometimes quite far between. OTOH, there are very few sections where single-file cyclists cannot be passed safely and politely.
Than they need to slow down until it is safe to pass, how hard is that to comprehend?

God, this place is an alternate reality.
It sounds more like the world that you live in is the one that is in the "alternate reality." One where motorists are "forgiven" for assuming that the road ahead of them is always going to remain clear.