Old 12-02-12, 04:50 PM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
Originally Posted by SlimRider
If the bike is truly new (and doesn't just "look" new), and not a used 2008 Aurora Elite, I'd say try to bargain for $950 OTD!

However, that's only if you get a warranty and all of the amenities that anyone else would be entitled to, if purchasing a new bike from that same establishment.

If they remain firm on the price, then agree to the price, provided that they install Avid BB7 disc brakes, just like what's on the 2012 model.

Even if you provide the disc brakes and have them install them free of charge (and included in the warranty), it would still be worth it!

PS.

* It originally sold for $1350 five years ago.

* The 2013 goes for like $1650...
That bike is not designed to have disc brakes, a carbon fork and steel frame not designed for disc brakes would be a dangerous combination. If I were selling that bike I would never agree to that.

I don't think that bike is worth $1000 but that me. It does look like it was upgraded to a leather saddle and comes with a rack and pedals which the original didn't have, so it may be worth the money if you are going to use the saddle and pedals.