Old 05-02-18, 08:39 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 679 Times in 430 Posts
I feel like I've gone down a medical rabbit hole.

It started with my wife complaining about my hearing, which lead me to going to an ENT and audiologist, where we determined I'm mostly deaf in my left ear and have Menierre's disease. (He also wants to give me a complete rhinoplasty to fix my deviated septum and rebuild the outer wall on the right side of my nose so that I can breathe through that nostril, and I may do that after my racing season is complete.) My wife now complains when I am not wearing my hearing aid.

But my ENT was concerned about some of my symptoms, and he sent me to a Neurologist, who determined I've been dealing with painless migraines for several years now. Basically, I get vision loss issues and sometimes have issues speaking.

But my neurologist was also concerned about my sleeping issues, so he sent me to another neurologist who specializes in sleeping disorders. I saw him this morning, and I have been diagnosed with insomnia. He is sending me to a sleep therapist to help me deal with the insomnia through behavioral therapy as opposed to sleeping pills. (To be fair, my wife was also complaining about my sleeping, as were some of my cycling teammates who now refuse to share a room with me on cycling trips because I don't sleep.)

So, I am now going to start seeing a therapist to hopefully help me solve my issues and start sleeping.

Anyway, getting old sucks.