View Single Post
Old 06-21-19, 06:31 PM
seat_boy

Bikes: Serial bike flipper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 73 Posts
I've had the bars in my parts bin for quite a while, but I think they are Delta Ergo bars. Basically a knock off of the Scott AT-2 or the Zoom Brahma bars from the heydey of my '90s mountain biking.

A twist shifter won't fit around the curves, but I switched to a Shimano thumb shifter, and that works fine (though it does operate backwards due to my derailer). The brake levers slide right on, though these particular levers do have a hinged clamp I could have used.

The Delta bars are bit easier to mount in that the forward extensions are slightly smaller diameter than normal 22.2mm mountain bike control size. This makes getting grips and controls around the corners easy.

The extensions do interfere with my fold somewhat. I end up extending my stem post so the bars can ride beneath the main frame. Since I only ever fold my bike to toss it in my trunk for a trip, this isn't a big deal for me.

Originally Posted by checoles
I've logged in for the first time in a year, just to ask - what bars are they and how'd you get your shifter to fit? Look like bullhorns, all one piece. Didnt think the shifter/brake levers could get round the bends? I could do with something like this for my Tern.